Tuesday, February 26, 2013

In a return to my home state, I have enjoyed an amazing experience.  Working with the men of BTD #28 was absolutely amazing!  To witness leaders move more fully into who they have been called and gifted to be is always humbling.  The love and grace of God are remarkable, life transforming gifts.  I am always renewed by the way His love moves others to serve and share. 

Being here has allowed me to be with my daughter and grand baby as well as visiting my parents.  A great visit with my family.  Hearing the stories of painful church experiences here hurts my heart, but renews my resolve to continue working towards a life giving church built on the word of God that loves on people. 

I am listening to and studying the trends that continue occurring all around us in regards to loving people without feeding the frenzy of it doesn't matter how we live.  So many want to offer "love" to those away from Christ, but not help them find Christ.  If Jesus truly is the way, our love originates in Him and has to be revealing of Him.  Such a fine line to walk in regards to the culture, but so critically important. 

I am continuing to pray my favorite prayer.... "Lord, I have heard of your fame:  I stand in awe of your deeds, Lord.  Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known; in wrath remember mercy."  Habakkuk 3:2....  

Join me! Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment