Monday, November 7, 2011

fried mind

I am coming off a really incredible weekend.  I had a great time with my men's bible study friday morning and then headed up to Camp Alta for the Bridgeway Men's retreat.  I thoroughly enjoyed being with this great group of guys.  I spoke four times on the theme "leaving there".  They jumped right in with the metaphor and wow the Spirit of God was so evident.  The group that led worship did a great job of engaging the men's hearts.
We were able to take a few hours on Saturday afternoon and play a game of "has been" football.  With temps in the low 40's and a little snow, it made for a kid like atmosphere.  I am delighted to say I didn't re-injure nor injure anything.
After my last lesson Sunday morning at the retreat, I jumped in my vehicle and headed down the hill to preach at GCC.  I arrived just in time to witness Jim Lunetta redeem "Joe Cocker's" you are so beautiful... WOW, what a great song to have everyone engage before you speak.  I was even more blessed before speaking as Phil Boyte spoke of the miracle of his sister's recovery from a heart attack.
I will admit my mind was fried from a weekend of speaking.  I don't know that a six lesson weekend is a wise thing, but it was amazing, fried mind and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment