Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pepperdine and back

For the past sixteen years I have made a trip to Pepperdine to study, visit with friends and network.  This past week I spent a few days on campus with my friends Buddy Bell and Joe Beam among others.  A gracious friend that is part of our new church family provided me with a reward ticket to make the flight down to LA.  Conversations, challenging topics, laughter and a reminder that the life of ministry is always challenging.   As I returned back to Northern California I had that feeling of being back "home".  That may not seem like a big deal to most, but for a guy who is still in transition having moved West two months ago, it was a good sign that my mind is getting used to calling this place home.
Being back at Gold Country Church today was excellent.  The worship today was especially inspiring and intimate.  I am feeling at ease preaching in a new place to new faces.  So yeah, Pepperdine was good, but it was even better to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment