Wednesday, March 28, 2012

20 years

I am in awe of the fact that God blessed me so richly. I am not implying my life isn't without pain and struggle. I am simply aware of how much I have received from the Gracious God above. My struggles have taught me painful but valuable lessons. My failures have helped me see it is in Christ all things are possible and there is always a second chance. It is in humility that I see the grace given not in the arrogant assertions of self.

I have much to be thankful for. Twenty years ago on this date a beautiful Southern Belle said "I do" to a injured, messed up, Southern boy. Seven kids and a grand baby later, I find myself more in love than ever. I get to wake up next to the love of my life and get this... she is still in love with me!!!

I see more clearly every day the need for God's presence in my life. The last twenty years have a been a blur of events both painful and pleasant, but always filled with joy. Joy because God has been present every step of the way. I am blessed! I am excited about writing in 20 years of the continued journey we are on. Twenty years and still counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment